Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dresden, Germany- Day 4

04/27/2008

Wow! I am so glad that a group of us decided to take advantage of our free day and go to Dresden, Germany. It is the closest large city to Prague in another country (at least that I know of). Don't get me wrong, Prague is a great city and all, but it feels like we have seen and done everything. Dresden is a totally different city than Prague- culture, people, food.

We took a train ride at 8:30 AM and arrived in Dresden around noon. Downtown Dresden is right next to the main train station so it was very easy to get around on foot. We first stopped at a bratwurst stand to eat, then we wandered the city. I quickly discovered that most of modern day Dresden was built post World War II. Everything is more modern than Prague and the streets are wider. After seeing pictures of Dresden during the war in city hall, I am amazed that the city is even still standing. My description of the place really doesn't do any justice, so here's the link on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dresden.

The day couldn't have ended better too. I was able to video chat live with Beth and Evie for a half hour- I love you two- it was so nice to see you! Tomorrow, we're off to Vienna, Austria.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

For Mba in Europe
http://maitriglobaleducation.com/businessmanagement-hospitalty/